We’re so excited you decided to join us! Here’s the lowdown:
- No auditions are necessary, and seats are not assigned. Members of all backgrounds and skill levels are welcome!
- The orchestra provides folders with all necessary sheet music. That music needs to stay in the folders at rehearsal to ensure everyone who attends has music at rehearsal. If you need copies for home, talk to the music director or a board member.
- Full-group rehearsals take place Mondays from 6:45–8:45 pm. After rehearsal, many members of the orchestra walk over to a nearby bar, Rex Tavern to hang out.
- Concerts happen 4 times per year, in March, June, October, and December. For a complete schedule of upcoming events, you can check the event calendar at any time.
- All orchestra members must also sign up for this program with the Chicago Park District. Signing up is free—just fill out this form.
- For another way to get updates and connect with your fellow musicians, join our members’ Facebook group! We share interesting articles, upcoming events, and orchestra updates here.
If you’re able to afford it, we do request $30 contributions from our members to help us acquire new music, maintain equipment such as stands and instruments, and other expenses that come up. You can pay dues online via Zelle or Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by bringing cash in-person to Lee Haas, our treasurer.
The CWSO follows Chicago Park District guidelines, so masks and vaccines are not required. However, we encourage all players who are able to wear a mask while playing to continue to do so.
If you haven’t already, please sign up for our email list to get orchestra updates.